What does the course consist of?
In this course you will find video tutorials consisting of the shlokas (Sanskrit hymns of the Vedas praising the different aspects of the Divine), pronunciation of Sanskrit with Devanagri and English scripts, breakdown of melodic composition of shloka demonstrated by Tanya, information of each shloka's appropriate chakra (energetic centres) and placement within the subtle body.
You will receive the Shloka Workbook (downloadable PDF), which is your guide to the course with introduction, use of vocal terms, raag structure of each composition, shloka text (in Devanagri and English) summary of meaning, notation, chakra placement in the body.
PLEASE NOTE: The course is valid for ONE YEAR from the sign up date. Access to the course material other than the downloadable workbook is by user login to the course website only.
Tutorial videos consist of:
- Introduction video to the course: what you will need.
- Omkaram Bindu & Mooladhara shloka: The first shloka in praise of the Omkaraya (All Prevading Power) followed by Salutations to Lord Ganesh (Mooladhara chakra)
- Swadhistan: Praise of Goddess Saraswati (Swadhistan chakra)
- Nabhi: Praise of Lord Vishnu and his consort Goddess Lakshmi (Nabhi chakra)
- Void: Praise of the Guru (Void centre)
- Karpur Gaurav: Praise of Lord Shiva and his consort Goddess Parvati (Left heart chakra)
- Anahata: Praise of the Goddess Jagadamba (centre heart chakra)
- Vishuddhi: Praise of Lord Krishna (Vishuddhi chakra)
- Agnya: Praise of Lord Jesus Christ (Agnya chakra)
- Sahastrara: Praise of Goddess Narayani (Sahastrara chakra)
- Full length performance of all the shlokas sung in succession
- Final considerations and gratitude
Monthly live Zoom sessions:
Course students will receive access to attend group Zoom sessions to go through course material with Tanya on a monthly bases throughout the year.
Dates for the monthly Zoom session (which will also be recorded and made downloadable from course website) will be announced to students every month via email and Telegram/ Signal ahead of time. These Zoom sessions are not compulsory to attend but are recommended as beneficial for progress.